(AL Ref 4221) Responsible to the Senior Engineer: Generation Operations and Maintenance for the carrying out of Generation Plant operation with following responsibilities
1.Carry out the assigned duties in accordance with the requirements of both the Safety Rules & System Operating Regulations and the Standard Operating Procedures S.O.P.’s as applicable.
2.Remain updated with respect to any revisions, which may be made from time to time, to both the Safety Rules & System Operating Regulations and the Standard Operating Procedures S.O.P.’s as applicable.
3.Carry out routine operation and monitoring of generation plant and associated equipment as required.
4.Take necessary corrective action in response to plant alarms and abnormal conditions.
5.Maintain generation plant log readings.
6.Carry out and supervise new installations, modifications, and upgrades to electrical generation plant equipment as required.
7.Accurate & timely completion of all documentation associated with generation work.
8.Witnessing of testing / commissioning as required.
9.Work rotational shift, and overtime for operation of generation plant equipment as required
Candidates require the following
1. Recognised degree/diploma/apprenticeship or other qualifications acceptable to the Company.
2. Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in an electrical plant operation environment.
3. Adequate knowledge of operation criteria and methodology in a gas turbine electrical plant environment.
4. A through understanding of:
• Gas Turbine operation preferably in Combined Cycle mode
• Generators and backup diesel generators.
• Generation plant auxiliary equipment.
• Permits, and permit systems.
• Computers and computer trending systems.
• Generation plant fire protection and safety equipment.
5. Sound understanding of system operating regulations and safety requirements