QOS Sdn Bhd have a requirement from a Major client for a Safety Engineer based onshore in Brunei to cover their areas of Operation.
Currently this is 2 offshore platforms and an Onshore Processing Plant OPP.
Additionally a new Project for the installation of third platform and onshore plant debottlenecking will start end of 2013 until Q1 2015.
The post holder must work closely with the Company’s Engineering & Construction Services ECS, Asset Integrity and Process Engineers, Field Operations Groups and with Projects to ensure effective management of each relevant scope of work.
Scope of Work
• Provide Safety Engineering support to affiliate departments
• Review technical studies and provide comments and recommendations for management endorsement
• Define and challenge Engineering Scopes Of Works related to OPERSAFE, Technical Risk Assessment and other relevant studies
• To provide prompt and effective responses to technical queries.
• Participate in engineering review for entity projects
• Liaise with EP/HSE/SEI Safety Engineering specialists
• Produce technical reports / notes / dossiers
• Manage / supervise relevant contractor activities
• Become a member of the Asset integrity Review Team AIRT
• To provide expertise in safety engineering during conceptual/basic studies and detailed engineering within the framework of process-related modifications to existing installations
• Ensure and assist company departments in compliance with internal and external HSE regulations, Company and Group Rules, General Specifications, Guides & Manuals
• Liaise with external contacts: Regulatory bodies, peers in other operating companies, partners, professional discipline bodies, engineering contractors and consultancies
• Participate in incident investigations as necessary
• Develop & submit costings/budgets for specific jobs or parts of larger projects
• Define scope of work for a range of safety system upgrades for both on- and offshore installations including
• o Lll Passive Fire Protection – Onshore
• o Public Address and General Alarm – Onshore
• o Fire water tank replacement with new location Onshore
• o Munster point Onshore
• o Fire & Gas detection with related ESD – Offshore
• o Emergency depressurization – Offshore
• Review and validate engineering documentation related to ESD, safety concept, and above purposes.
• • Review Safety other related documents made by execution Contractors
• • To liaise with contractors on process/safety issues.
• • Preparing / provide assistance for Derogation Request of Company Rules or General Specifications to the Head Quarter
• • Participate in updates to affiliate Company Management System in line with latest Total E&P Company Rules or General Specifications
• • Involvement in contractor Safety audits
• • Review any deviation from company Safety procedures, and submit the results of the review to the Head Office
• • Liaison with onshore industrial neighbours on combined QRA studies to support integrated emergency response preparedness in relation to potential domino effect
Qualifications / Experience
Overall 7 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with 5 years in the safety engineering discipline.
Degree or appropriate professional qualification in safety engineering. Fluent in written and spoken English.
Good interpersonal and communication skills