Responsible to the Training Manager for the carrying out of classroom and field training to BPMC staff, the Department of Electrical Services (DES), contractors and staff from other external organizations, covering all aspects of Utility operations with specific focus on Safety Rules and System Operating Regulations, maintenance of electrical assets, the use of specialized equipment, tools and machinery and other related training as may be identified.
1. Carry out the assigned duties in accordance with the requirements of both the Safety Rules and System Operating Regulations and the Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.’s) as applicable.
2. Assist in the control and updating with respect to any revisions, which are to be made from time to time to both the Safety Rules and System Operating Regulations and the Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.’s) as applicable.
3. Ensure timeous preparation of all training documentation and modules.
4. Assist in developing and producing new training modules as and when required by the Department of Electrical Service (DES), Contractors and other external organisations.
5. Conduct classroom and field training for BPMC staff, the DES, Contractors and staff from other organisations as required.
6. Conduct training assessments and evaluate trainees.
7. Assist in maintaining training records and facilitating periodic re-fresher training as required.
8. Produce training reports for BPMC, the DES and other clients as required.
9. Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.